Love is like the sun coming out of the clouds and warming your soul.
--anonymous

November 11, 2010

NAMASTE

so i have had an awakening. i have become a lazy slob. 
there i said it.
as of late, i have been "letting myself go".
enough is enough.

i went to a yoga class last night because i think that mixing it up when it comes to fitness is the only way for me.
let me just say...I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

how fun is it that a bunch of women i know get together for a relaxing evening of yoga once a week!? can i just say that i am so stoked about this??? i finally made myself go and i was more than fulfilled. 
i can't believe how peaceful and relaxed i felt after the class.  gone are the days of dancing my buns off each day for hours and feeling the release i received from my favorite thing. i have been missing dance A LOT lately, and i think that yoga might help fill that large void for the time being..(until i start dancing again..thats right...i'm definitely NOT done). even then...i may stick with yoga. it makes me feel happy and at ease.


oh how i wish this was me all twisted up like a pretzel...
i will admit that i have a long way to go before i'm balancing on my hands or holding a headstand for minutes at a time, but you have to start somewhere. i have done yoga  in the past a few times and never stuck with it, but i am now a devoted servant and will be attending wednesday night yoga from here on out!
thanks to all the fun girls who put it together!


3 comments:

Megan Hollenback said...

i agree. i love yoga. and i also am starting to feel like a lazy slob. thanks for inspiring me :)

kylie said...

i love yoga too! wait... i suck at it haha but meg is the bomb. sounds fun!

Dessa Mae said...

YAY for yoU!! I've never done yoga but I've heard it's great!!!.