Love is like the sun coming out of the clouds and warming your soul.
--anonymous

March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day!

today is one of my favorite days of the year!

we Athay's have a special place in our heart for the Irish ways.
this is the day i like to wear green and adorn myself with all of my authentic Irish jewelry purchased while in Ireland.
i like to remember how lucky i am to have been able to go to Ireland twice thus far in my life!

We Athay's, are true blue.......eyed...Irish folk. 

see...there is even a town in Ireland that might look familiar to you all...

exhibit A.

the town Athy, co. Kildare Ireland just so happens to be verrrry similar to my maiden name.  

coincedence. i think not. 

this town made me very happy the day my family stopped in to look around.
we took pictures of signs and felt so at home!
whoever came to America long ago in my family, must have added the "a" before the "y" to make Athay.
hmm. i wonder why they did that.


while perusing google images this morning i ran across this, and it made my day.


my family crest!

i love this day, and i am so happy that my sweet hubby even gets in on the wearing green action.! The only thing that would make this day better is having my mom dye all of my food green like the old days!

i hope everyone is having a wonderful St. Patricks Day, and that you have all the luck of the Irish. 

muchlove.



1 comment:

Tayler said...

Ohhh bother I was going to send you a St. Patty's Day card but I thought it might be borderline weird.. now I wish I would have!! LOVEEEE YOU!