Love is like the sun coming out of the clouds and warming your soul.
--anonymous

July 21, 2011

cubbies.

Mr. Larsen and I have had the wonderful opportunity to be called as Cub Scout leaders in our ward.  I have somehow been placed as the "Cub Master", with Mr. Larsen and a dear friend as other leaders.
fyi. i call the Cub Scouts "Cubbies".  
it's cuter.
and Cub Scouts needs some cuteness.

you may also be asking yourself right about now how a cubbie program works in this place.
we like to think of is as "urban scouting". as you can imagine we tend to stay away from things like fishing and building fires.  we focus more on subway safety and the stock market.

now lets be honest.
when i was called as a cubbie leader...i was not thrilled. Mr. Larsen was...but me...no..not so much.
i am the oldest of three girls. barbies, dresses, cooking, and the young women's program are my strengths.
wrangling fourteen 8 year old boys was foreign ground for me. 
lucky for me Mr. Larsen and our dear friend come from all boy backgrounds.  i am enjoying this calling so much, and i love making treats for the little guys.

these little boys are so sweet and energetic.
we get to do fun things, like build birdhouses, race car derby's, and go to NBA games.
i am in heaven.




we are on a cubbie break for the summer while families travel and play in the heat.
this means that i have been missing my cubbie boys like crazy!!

i was thinking about them this week and thought i would share with the world the calling that Mr. Larsen and i have been having so much fun with.

4 comments:

Erica Hansen, MS, RD said...

Wow. Kudos to you. When we moved into our new ward the Bishop asked me which calling would put me most out of my element (i.e. what calling do you not want that I will probably give you in the future anyway) and I said scouts! Scary! At least they are 8. Deacons would be worse.

Dessa Mae said...

How cute!! Maybe this is Heavenly Father's way of prepping you for a ton of little boys in your future!!

Stephanie Shepherd said...

Thank you for adding me to your blogroll! I'm certain those little guys have enjoyed seeing you do "boy" things!

Jennie and Dalin Nelson said...

dalin & I are wolf leaders too!! but we only have like 5 i think! we are excited for the summer to end so we can actually start our calling:) it will be so much fun! i bet the boys love you guys!! !